Cambridge Primary is typically for learners aged 5 to 11 years. It develops learner skills and understanding through the primary years in English, mathematics and science.
- Focuses on developing knowledge and skills in core subjects and form an excellent foundation for future study.
- Focuses on learners’ development in each year.
- Provides a natural progression throughout the years of primary education.
- Is compatible with other curricula, internationally relevant and sensitive to different needs and cultures.
- Is suitable for learners whose first language is not English, with and optional English as a Second language curriculum.
- Gives optional routes to use sections that suit learners’ needs best.
- Provides schools with international benchmarks
Cambridge ICT Starters
Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is now part of the educational experience worldwide. It is regarded as a new literacy, alongside reading, writing and numeracy. Cambridge ICT starters introduces learners, within Cambridge Primary and Cambridge Secondary 1 stages, to the key ICT applications they needs to acquire that literacy and to understand the impact of technology on our daily lives.
Classroom support for teachers and learners
A range of support resources is available to help teachers plan and deliver Cambridge Primary in English, Mathematics and Science. Resources are also available for Cambridge ICT Starters.
Grand Charter School applies the Cambridge Primary testing structure to assess learner performance and report progress to learners and parents. Cambridge Primary uses internationally benchmarked tests, giving parents extra trust in the feedback they receive. There are two testing options at Primary stage.
1-Cambridge Primary progression Tests
2-Cambridge Primary Checkpoint
Cambridge Primary Progression Test
- Provide detailed information about the performance of each learner for stage 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the curriculum.
- Enable teachers to give structured feedback to learners and parents.
- Enable teachers to compare the strengths and weaknesses of individuals and groups.
- Come with clear guidance standards and mark schemes.
Cambride Primary provides a unique analysis tool for Cambridge Primary Progression Tests-the Cambridge Progress Checker – to track learners’ progress. Using a spreadsheet, teachers upload learners’ test results and can then analyses results and create and print reports. This enables comparisons of a learner’s results against their class, school or other schools around the world, and on a year-by-year basis.
Cambridge Primary Checkpoint
- Is a test for learners at the end of the final year of Cambridge Primary and is available in English, mathematics and science. English as a Second Language tests are also available from Cambridge ESOL.
- Tests skills, knowledge and understanding at the end of stages 4-6 of the curriculum for English and mathematics, and stage 3-6 of the curriculum for science.
- Is marked by university of Cambridge to provide an international benchmark of learner performance.
- Enables you to give learners a statement of achievement at the end of the Cambridge Primary stage.
- Shows how a learner has performed in relation to the curriculum, their learning group, the whole school, and against all learners who have taken tests in that series around the world.